Ready to take your skiing to the next level — without the constraints of a full academic load? GMVS’s Postgraduate (PG) Program is for you.
An extension of our highly successful secondary school program, the GMVS PG Program provides highly motivated Nor Am and Elite FIS racers with an opportunity to further their skills through a year of concentrated and intensive training. Athletes come from far and wide for our PG Program which is designed as a platform for National Team selection or participation on an NCAA collegiate team.
- Comprehensive and integrated focus on the whole athlete (from strength and conditioning to on-snow preparation, tuning, and equipment management, sports psychology, nutrition education, and more)
- Unparalleled approach to injury management, rehabilitation, and return-to-ski programming
- Outstanding relationships with collegiate coaches and the U.S. Ski Team
- World-class coaches and personalized athlete management
- Ideal home base in central Vermont that optimizes athletes’ exposure to high-level racing including on the Nor-Am and EISA collegiate circuits
- You’ll be among a cohort of 8-10 highly motivated, passionate, competitive athletes
PG Program at a Glance
- 10-12 months of rigorous world-class training accompanied by a customized enrichment program
- 40-50 days of out-of-season on-snow training from early-May through late-November
- 6-8 weeks of concentrated strength and conditioning including Functional Movement Screening as well as instruction in appropriate body mechanics
- Focused training sessions (3-5 hours per day) in season supported by small training groups and a low athlete-to-coach ratio
A History of Success
- Recent GMVS alums and PGs have gone on to some of the nation’s top colleges and universities, become NCAA All-Americans and been named to various national teams.
- Recent PGs have matriculated to the following colleges and universities:
- Bates College
- Colby College
- Dartmouth College
- Harvard University
- Middlebury College
- Saint Michael’s Colleg
- University of New Hampshire
- University of Vermont