Make Nordic skiing at GMVS your next adventure. We’ll tailor your training plan to your unique goals and aspirations, we’ll expose you to exceptional travel and training opportunities, we’ll cultivate your sense of adventure, we’ll help you pursue your dreams — no matter how ambitious.
Imagine integrating cross-country running, soccer, or lacrosse into your nordic and biathlon training program. Imagine being pushed — on a daily basis — by some of the best Nordic skiers in New England. Imagine training and racing at the finest venues in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Here at GMVS, we emphasize a long-term perspective on athlete development and pride ourselves on exposing students to exceptional travel and training opportunities that develop an authentic sense of adventure. You’ll discover the history of the Italian Alps while traveling to our sister school in Mals, Italy, you’ll discover the beauty of Yellowstone National Park and Canada’s Okanagan Valley while on location in West Yellowstone and SilverStar, and you’ll experience the Olympic history of Lake Placid.
At the same time, you’ll play host to Eastern Regional camps and you’ll make the Mad River Valley your home — a place that’s quickly establishing itself as a pillar in New England Nordic skiing.
Interested in pairing your passion for cross-country skiing with marksmanship? We’ll partner with the Ethan Allen Biathlon Club in Jericho, Vermont to fuel your interest. From entry-level paintball and air rifle races to national championships, we’ll help power your passions.
Our Training Grounds
- The majority of our dryland training occurs in our hilly backyard, right here in the Mad River Valley
- Winter on-snow training venues include:
- Rikert Nordic Center, Middlebury, VT
- Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe, VT
- Ethan Allen Biathlon Range, Jericho, VT
- Ole’s, Warren, VT
- Craftsbury Outdoor Center, Craftsbury Common, VT
- Training camps take place in Lake Placid, West Yellowstone, and at our sister school in the Sportoberschule in Mals, Italy.
Meet Our Team
Nordic Program Director
Nordic Coach, Dorm Parent