GMVS is a global community with students who join us from around the world. Our community is enriched by students of diverse backgrounds who come together to create a vibrant culture, rich traditions, and invaluable experiences.

Applying as an International Student

  1. Translate your school transcripts into English and upload them to the online application.
  2. Email a copy of your passport’s photo and name pages to Abby Vietze, our Registrar, at [email protected].

Obtaining a Student Visa

GMVS issues new international students an I-20 Form upon acceptance. This form allows international students to remain in the United States for an extended period of time in order to attend Green Mountain Valley School and provides program information as well as proof of the student’s enrollment at GMVS.

We’ll send you an official copy of your I-20, which you’ll need to apply for an F-1 Student Visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your home country. You’ll need both the I-20 form and F-1 Visa in your hand (not in your luggage) every time you enter the United States. For more information, click here. (link to

Before applying for the F-1 visa, you must pay an I-901 fee of $200 at  

International students must have the following documents when traveling outside of the United States:

Valid Passport

  • Valid F–1 Visa*
  • I–94 Form (departure record)
  • Original I–20 Form

*At this time, Canadian citizens are not required to have a visa but are required to have an I-20 Form.

Expand to read more


GMVS requires that every student be covered by a comprehensive injury and sickness plan. Medical insurance issued from a country outside of the United States may not provide complete coverage in the United States. In order to help meet your healthcare coverage needs, GMVS offers a comprehensive plan through UnitedHealth Group. For more information, please click on the following pdf:

International Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan Outline (link to PDF)

You will have the option to complete enrollment and other important documentation via myGMVS forms & waivers, once you have enrolled as a student.

Expand to read more


With the support of the Director of Student Life and the International Student Coordinator, GMVS helps students coordinate travel to and from campus around vacation periods, including airport pick-up or drop off to Burlington International Airport (BTV), Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) or Montréal–Trudeau International Airport (YUL). Students also receive help organizing international student travel documentation.

Vacations & Dormitory Closures

International students may be unable to return home during some of our shorter school breaks. During those times and with the support of the Director of Student Life and the International Student Coordinator, students typically homestay with a friend.